SD-10G 2.4Ghz 10-Channel Aircraft Radio with 7-ch Lightweight Receiver for Sailplanes, Powerplanes, and Helicopters.
The owners manual for this radio is huge (44megs - and that's really as small as we could get it!) So please be patient if you want the full download. We have broken it up into smaller bits and you can find the links for those at the bottom of this page.
The SD-10G is an all-out, high performance radio designed to give every modeler, sport or competition pilot, a radio that is easy to use, powerful, flexible for any application, and yet very affordable. And now we have it available with a lightweight, more economical, 7-ch lightweight receiver saving you money and your airplane even more weight! Absolutely the FASTEST These latency findings were taken using carefully contructed and consistent methods to ensure they are as accurate as possible. As of May 2009. Specs are in FHSS-3 Mode using 10ch Receiver.
* Min: 7.36ms * Max: 16.3ms * Ave: 11.83ms
Futaba 10C (Futaba is a Trademark of Futaba Corporation and Dist by Great Planes):
* Min: 9ms * Max: 29ms * Ave: 19ms
JR 9303 & R1221rx (JR is a Trademark of JR Radios Japan and Dist by Horizon Hobby)
* Min: 25ms * Max: 47ms * Ave: 36ms
* Min: 21.5ms * Max: 43.5ms * Ave: 32.5ms
The SD-10G includes the Transmitter, Receiver, Transmitter Battery, Charger, Switch-Harness, Servo Extension, and Manual.
Available aftermarket items include servos, lithium transmitter battery, stick extension ends, trainer cord, memory expansion card, and USB computer interface program and patch cord.
If you're looking for a radio that does it all and yet is affordable for all, look no further. The SD-10G is the one to get.
SD-10G - 2.4Ghz FHSS 10Ch Transmitter with Full Range 7 Channel Lightweight Receiver (TX/RX - No SX)
* 10 Channel Computer Radio With Advanced Programming for Competition Helicopters, Sailplanes, And Powered Aircraft. * Compatible With All Airtronics 2.4GHz FHSS Aircraft Receivers * System Includes 6-cell 1500mAh Ni-MH TX Battery And Charger * Transmitter Is Compatible With Lithium 2 Cell Batteries * Full Range 92674 7-Ch 2.4GHz Receiver Included * Ball Race (Ball Bearing) Supported Gimbals With Adjustable Springs And Adjustable Throttle Ratchet * Unique “Direct Model Select” Allows Selection of 3 Favored Models Without Entering the Computer * Stick Mode 1, 2, 3, and 4 Are Available And Easily Selected By User (Default Is Mode 2) * Telescoping Transmitter Antenna for Increased Range When Needed. Retractable for Storage And Park-Flier And Indoor Use * 5 Complete Flight Modes (Helicopter, Sailplane, and Aircraft) * Flight Modes Can Be Named * 3-axis Triple Rates And Triple Expo With Unique Adjustment in Each Direction of Travel * All Switches Are 3 Position Switches * Proportional Side Sliders With Center Detent * 100% Completely Assignable Switches * 20 Model Memory with After-market Sanwa Card to Provide Memory for 20 Additional Models * Model Setups Can Be Shared On-line and Firmware Updates Available On-line With Use of Airtronics USB Cable and Program (available separately) * 5 P-Mixes with 9 Point Curves and Graphs * Customizable Menu * Simple Wing, Swash, And Model Templates For Easy Model Setup * Easy Navigation, Spreadsheet-Like Menu For Control Surface/Swash Adjustments * Complete Trim Authority And Sensitivity Adjustments and Cross Trims * Easily Activated and Inhibited Inc/Dec Switch Allows The Pilot to Adjust Mixing Ratios In-Flight * Failsafe Programming Available On All Channels * * Multi-Function Timer Advanced Trainer Functions (Trainer Only Available on SD-10G to SD-10G)
Watch a video!
SCROLL DOWN TO SEE MORE SPECIFICATION DETAILS AND INFORMATION ABOUT THE SD-10G
Airtronics – 2.4GHz Specialists
After the successful release of the RDS8000 (a GREAT sport radio in its own right), Airtronics has released an industry-leading, innovative, competition radio. The SD-10G: 10 channels, 10-bit computer, and as much as 10 times faster as some older competition systems, the SD-10G is a full-range, fast, high-performance radio designed for sport and competition Helicopter, Fixed Wing, and Sailplane Pilots. Featuring bullet-proof, no-hassle FHSS (Frequency Hopping Technology), Airtronics 2.4GHz has already gained reputation as a no-hassle, reliable spread spectrum solution, 'fairly' earning Airtronics/Sanwa Engineers, the nick-name: "2.4GHz Specialists".
Get The Advantage
The SD-10G was developed by Sanwa's best and brightest computer programmers in concert with the most experienced pilots from Sanwa Japan and Airtronics USA. From F3J World Champions to 3D Helicopter Experts, from AMA Hall-of-Famers to Pattern Nats Champs, the team who planned and put together the SD-10G for you are some of the most dedicated and experienced modelers in the world today. This competition-level radio will be just at home in the hands of a glider pilot as it is in the hands of a freestyle aerobatic champion. We've worked with pilots for more than an year to ensure every detail, every nuance was developed for the modeler, both sport and competitor.
You'll find the SD-10G is incredibly user-friendly and easy to setup, yet allows for flexibility not found even in radios at twice the price. Sport pilots will find their craft easy to setup. Advanced pilots will love the customizable features that truly make this radio unique. As modelers, we know performance is not free, but the Team at Airtronics worked hard to ensure the SD-10G offers both industry leading performance and value.
ADVANCED 2.4GHz The SD-10G is fast. In our side-by-side tests, we found no other 9 or 10 channel radio to be faster. Airtronics puts you ahead of your aircraft and feeling incredibly connected. The Sanwa high-speed computer chip works together with its unique high performance 2.4GHz RF chip to ensure your inputs are translated at industry leading speed to the servos. Your servos will feel faster, the radio will respond quicker, and you'll wonder how you ever did without.
Debriefing We could go on and on, but let's make it quick and easy. Whether you fly for sport or compete at the highest levels in categories such as F3J Sailplanes, Pattern, IMAC, Scale, Indoor Foam, Micro Helicopters, or 3D (and that's heli or plank) you'll get the Advantage. You will see there has never been a radio like this in our hobby, a radio this advanced, this reliable, and this fast. And remarkably, you will find the SD-10G truly affordable.
More To The Story Visit www.airtronics.net and learn more about the capabilities, features, and advancements that make the SD-10G the most advanced radio in its class today. Get the SD-10G from Airtronics and Get The Advantage.
A note about Digital vs. Analog Servos The SD-10G with the 10 channel receiver simply may be too fast for some analog servos. They simply may not work. To truly see the advantages of this high-resolution, high frame-rate, low- latency radio, you'll need digital servos.
If you are using analog servos and experience problems with the 10 channel receiver, and you don't have digital servos to replace them yet, that's ok, just use the 8 channel, 7 channel, or 6 channel receiver. These receivers ALL work GREAT with the SD-10G and are 100% compatible with analog servos.
Features Specific to Different Model Types:
* Advanced Swashplate Control With Both Channel and Servo EPA, Delay, Linear Adjustments * 3 Gyro Gains in Each Flight Mode for Helicopters * 3 Governor Settings In Each Flight Mode For Helicopters * 9 Point Pitch And Throttle Curves With Graphs